grooved feed bushes
Grooved feed sections are used extensively in the plastification units of extruders and injection moulding machines. For many years, HELIX has specialised in the manufacturing of grooved feed bushes and barrels. With our unique technology for producing grooves, HELIX has become the universal supplier of all kinds of grooved barrels.
Available feed bush variants are:
- Axially grooved feed sections – with grooves running along the axis of the feed bush
- Helically grooved feed sections – with grooves running helically within the feed bush
Shape of the groove
The shape of the groove is usually determined by our experts, but it can also be customized.
Grooves manufactured as:
- square grooves
- trapeze grooves
- sickle grooves
- round grooves or
- any special shapes according to customer requirements
The standard material used for grooved feed bushes is nitriding steel that is nitrided with gas or plasma. In addition, HELIX also provides the possibility of manufacturing wear protected grooved feed bushes made of
- fully-hardened tooling steel
- bimetallic plated material
- HIP (Hot Isostatic Pressing) material
HELIX delivers grooved barrels complete with cooling jackets – tested and ready for installation.
Tel: +49 (0) 71 95-59097 0
Fax: +49 (0) 71 95-59097 99