dosing and feeding
HELIX has been a competent partner of machine manfacturers for the production of dosing and feeding screws for many years. In this field HELIX specialises in the manufacturing of screws made from a solid rod (i.e. not welded) with a length of up to 3000 mm.
There are multiple uses for screws in the following applications:
- Food packaging
- Pharmaceutical packaging
- Dosing of plastic granulate in extruders
- Food processing
- General dosing and feeding of bulk material
Some of the materials used:
- Corrosion resistant stainless steels like 1.4305 AISI 303, 1,4404 AISI 316L, 1.4453, 1.4571 AISI 316Ti, etc.
- Nitrided steel for hardened screws
- C45, St50, ETG100
- Teflon, polyamides and other plastics
The surface quality of a screw is decisive for the process safety during the feeding process. HELIX delivers:
- High gloss polished – for optimal dosing results
- Electrochemically polished – specifically for pharmaceutical and food technologies
- Micro-compacted – for deadhesive surfaces
- Hard chrome plated – resistant to corrosion and protected against wear.